Greymouth Petroleum is a dynamic New Zealand owned and operated oil and gas production and exploration company based in Taranaki, New Zealand. Greymouth holds a significant development and exploration portfolio in the Taranaki Basin.
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to support our Taranaki operations to be based in our Bell Block Workshop. This role will be responsible for the fitting of assemblies, routine repairs and maintenance as well as conducting hydro tests on plant and equipment associated with drilling and production facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct tests on pressure equipment, including vessels, piping, and associated equipment, using water pressure.
- Layout, position and secure parts and assemblies according to drawings and specifications.
- Maintain and repair rotating equipment.
- Assist with the commissioning of plant equipment and site assembly and disassembly.
- Operate plant machinery onsite.
- Conduct UT Testing and Magnetic Particle Testing (MPI)
We are looking for someone who ideally has…
- A Mechanical trade with at least 10 years fitting experience.
- Oil and gas experience.
- Previous experience in hydro testing, air volume calculations, testing medium and temperature compensation.
- A willingness to train and progress their inspecting skill base.
- A can do attitude!
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and supportive team where you can apply your knowledge and make a difference. To apply please visit www.greymouthpetroleum.co.nz .
Applications close Friday 4 December 2015.