Greymouth Petroleum is a dynamic New Zealand owned and operated oil and gas production and exploration company based in Taranaki, New Zealand. Greymouth holds a significant development and exploration portfolio in the Taranaki basin.
We are currently looking for an experienced HSE Advisor to support our Taranaki operations. This exciting onshore HSE Advisor position will be based in the Bell Block offices and will primarily focus on the production operations group. This role with provide Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) support to the onshore oil and gas production facilities around Taranaki.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with HSE legislation and industry best practice.
- Assist in establishing, implementing and maintaining practices and procedures as part of a HSE Management System.
- Coordinate and conduct regular inspections and audits of all operations.
- Participate in HSE, pre-start and toolbox meetings.
- Assist with the application of the HSE training competency matrix for staff.
- Conduct investigations and undertake root cause analysis of significant incidents.
- Support personnel, supervisors and management to improve their understanding and capability to better manage HSE matters.
- Maintain a robust hazard/risk register that identifies and controls hazards and risks.
- Support a programme to build staff awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental issues that foster the development of a culture where continuing improvement is critical to success.
We are looking for someone who ideally has…
- Thorough knowledge of HSE practices.
- 3 years previous HSE experience (preferably within the oil and gas industry)
- Or has 5+ years of process experience.
- Certificate or higher in the Health & Safety field.
- Solid knowledge of hazard and risk management.
- Ability to apply accident investigation methodologies.
- Strong organisational skills in relation to planning, time management, record keeping, administration and the meeting of deadlines.
- Office suite skills.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and supportive team where you can apply your knowledge and make a difference.
Applications close Sunday 5 July 2015.