PRIMARY FUNCTION / PURPOSE:
Leading the HR team you will be responsible for managing the HR function, providing advice, training and support to our managers on a wide range of hr and employment related issues.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with the management team to prepare HR plans to support company objectives.
2. Responsible for providing human resource advice and services for employment related issues.
3. Responsible for the development of company wide human resource policies and procedures.
4. Ensure that the company's human resource policies are effectively implemented, including recruitment, appointment, induction, record-keeping, disciplinary matters, training, development and departure.
5. Keep up to date with legislative changes, review policies, and if necessary ensure that changes are incorporated into human resource policy and management documents as required.
6. Support managers in Greymouth's recruitment policies and practices, including participating on interview panels for selected positions.
7. Assist within induction programs specific to site and department requirements.
8. Provide all employment related documentation.
9. Provide advice on human resource policy matters, and policy interpretation.
10. Assist with the company's occupational health and safety records and the administration of Acc related matters.
11. Build effective working relationships with other departments in the company and other parties as appropriate.
12. Support good, open communication within the HR department, promoting a culture of involvement and participation and adherence to company values.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
At least 5 years previous HR Management experience.
Recognised tertiary HR related qualification.
Strong organisational skills in relation to planning, attention to detail, record keeping, administration and the meeting of deadlines.
Thorough understanding of HR systems, procedures employment issues and legislation.
Excellent supervisory, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
Requires a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.